Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Meet the Maker .... Lisa from "Rafi & Hannah"


Name: Lisa Cass

Business Name:  Rafi & Hannah


Website:

Online storefront/s: Rafi & Hannah's Madeit store


Twitter:

Questions:


       1. So, tell us about yourself....
I'm a stay at home Mum with two little girls under three.  I am also a Senior Dental Assistant and I work two days a month.
        2. Why handmade?
             I love to create, to explore & to have something different to focus on other 
                 than being a Mummy.
                 Handmade supports each others creativity & diversity and I love that!

        3. What influenced you to start your business?
I started sewing seriously when I was 16 years old and had always dreamt of 'whipping' up clothes for my children someday.  Just over a year ago I met one of my greatest friends Melanie, by chance and she told me of her business ventures, also sewing.  This inspired me to get back into sewing and to finally start making things for my little girls.  I rediscovered my absolute love for design and decided  to expand it to a business.  My Mum is also extremely creative and it is becoming a great way not just to showcase my talents, but also hers through our range of buntings.
        4. What type of products do you sell?
We like to try to offer a range of products to our clients.  Currently we offer a range of little girls dresses, some with appliqué on them, skirt & tee sets, bloomers, singlets, headbands, little boys pyjamas,  short & tee/singlet sets.  We also have lovely large muslin wraps for babies.  Coming closer to Christmas we will also be releasing a Christmas range.....Not to mention 'Buntings by Grandma'.

        5. What are your inspirations for making your products

My girls.   What they love.  What makes them happy.   I also LOVE shabby chic.  Anything that can incorporate shabby chic I will try to do!
   
6. Where do you sell your products?
Currently on Facebook & my Madeit store.  I also feature items in the Bluebay Café, in McCrae.
        7. How much time do you spend making your products each week?
Its very very hard to be exact with my girls running around!!  However I would estimate 10 hours a week.

 8. And do you have a dedicated craft area or studio in your home?
I have a studio in the making, we're just waiting for the carpet!! In the meantime, its our lovely big square dining table!!  There are things everywhere so I cant wait for my studio to be ready : )

        9.  Are you self taught or have you had a good teacher?
I've been lucky enough to have had the most amazing teacher, not just in sewing but in life - my Mum.  She's always prepared to give me a quick lesson in anything!!  Last week it was bias binding!!  I have also had professional private lessons while I was going through school with a lovely lady called Anita in Red Hill.

Thanks so much to Lisa for our first "Meet the Maker" interview.......!  Your answers were honest and heartfelt xx
These interviews give us a lovely peek at who is behind the business and an insight into how it came to be.  I love reading each maker's story!

Cheers,

MPH xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!