Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Meet the Maker.....Nicole from "CheekyWheez Creations"

Name:  Nicole Morrow
Business Name: CheekyWheez Creations


Website:
Online storefront/s:
Twitter:

Questions:

1. So, tell us about yourself.....

Hi, my name is Nicole Morrow and I am a SAHM with two little girls, aged 2 years old and 5 months old.

2. Why handmade?

I enjoy putting my creative mind to work.  My products are something a little bit more unique than what you can buy in the shops.

3. What influenced you to start your business?

 I started out making my own birthday invitations and birth announcement thank yous.  I got great feedback about them from everyone.  That encouragement gave me the confidence to try some new ideas and start my business
.
4. What type of products do you sell?

I started out with Birth Prints...personalised with all the little bits of information from when bubs was born.  I have now expanded out to Alphabet Is For prints, Prints for Kids and now a photographic range of Birth Prints and  Announcements.  The images are available in two formats:  in a PDF form, sent via email or professionally printed and posted out to customers.


5. What are your inspirations for making your products?

The sometimes forgotten information from the birth of the most precious little beings in our life.....My girls.
 
6. Where do you sell your products?  

I sell my Prints mainly through my Facebook page www.facebook.com/CheekyWheezCreations and my friends buy them as gifts too.

7. How much time do you spend making your products each week?

I probably spend around 5-6 hours per week making custom prints and then 10 or more hours playing around with new ideas.

8. Do you have a dedicated craft area or studio in your home?

No, not yet.  Unfortunately my couch in the toy room is my workspace.  But given that, it does allow me to do things with my kids at the same time!


9..Are you self taught or have you had a good teacher?

I am pretty much self taught.  Sometimes my brother-in-law and my partner's aunt help out with some of my crazy ideas I can't quite figure out on my own :)  But I usually just fiddle around until I make the design come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!