Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Find your crafty mojo........

Do you have days where you have just "lost your crafty mojo"?  Well I do, and how I hate them!  Days of endless blah blah blah running through my head.  Ideas that pop into my head and then seem to run away of their own accord.....!?  Or no ideas at all? Even worse!

What to do??

I have taken to getting a bit more organised.......yes, shock horror!  Organisation!  I have a notebook on my desk and one in my handbag too..........to jot down any ideas or inspirations that might jump into my head......before they disappear and are lost forever.  Now this may sound like notebook overkill but my memory is not so good......I blame the drugs.......no, not the recreational kind, lol, .......... more the nice life-saving ones administered during my Leuk treatment.  Great for killing bad stuff in our bodies, but boy do they play havoc with memory!!  I am now officially guilty of being an airhead.
A third notebook sits by my bed and in it are late night scrawls of ideas, some good and others quite literally crappy (we won't talk about those).  So after I have worn my poor eyes out on my Kindle (which seems to be doing some sort of dance of its own lately..... it bobs up and down when I nod off).....well before I go to sleep, my mind starts its own little party.  Now, the Kindle was supposed to make me sleep.....or so I thought?  Anyway, I think.....think and more thinking.  Usually of creative stuff, but sometimes my creative mind goes blank......Uh oh, not good....

Then what?

This is where my trusty magazine collection and the internet come to my rescue........Blogs, success stories, business ideas, stories, pictures.......it is all quite endless.  BUT it does the trick!
Sometimes I am lucky to stumble across bit and pieces.......other times I head for sites I know will help inspire:

The Etsy blog  a wealth of information and inspiration.  Seller interviews, business tips, recipes, How-to guides for making (I am not sure about the "Crafting with cat hair" story.......Eeeek, that could be taking recycling a bit far?) plus loads of other stuff.

The Madeit blog  our trusty Aussie equivalent of Etsy.....where you can read about our home grown sellers, promotional tips, handmade stockists, magazines.......the list goes on.  I love sifting through this blog, it is always inspirational and better yet it is Australian!!

To disturb on not disturb.......that is the question?
Lynx sleeping on my Idea Book......
Hope you are all having a lovely day.......

Cheers,

Jodie
MPH xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!