Powered By Blogger

Monday 5 March 2012

Crafting afternoon for the Leukaemia Foundation....

I am excited!  Yes!  Woohoo!

As some of you may know, I am an acute leukaemia survivor who is counting her lucky stars to be in remission.  Since my diagnosis four years ago,  I have received help, inspiration and support from the Leukaemia Foundation......the dedicated staff are wonderful and nothing is too much trouble for them.  Blood cancer research is expensive and along with patient support, the Leukaemia Foundation fund research into curing these types of cancer.
Since finalising my treatment nearly two years ago, I have been wanting to hold a fundraiser to help give something back to the Leukaemia Foundation.  Well, guess what?  I have finally decided to do it......and it is in a few weeks!  Eeeeeek!  Time to hit the PANIC button!

What to do??
Having lost most of my hair due to chemotherapy during my treatment, I wasn't too keen to go down the road of shaving my head (e.g. World's Greatest Shave).  That may be slightly vain and the G.I. Jane look was really easy to do in the morning, but probably not something I would do again in a hurry!  On the other hand, I certainly got a great run out of my bandannas and beanies that year, lol.  Anyway.......I had to come up with another way of raising funds (thinking cap on....).

So it came to me, quite simple really!!  Craft!!  Or in particular, paper craft.  I get to kill two birds with one stone - donate to my favourite charity and spend a few hours doing something I love!  So last week I whipped up a flier, popped the event on Facebook and emailed some friends.  Good response so far and some people who cannot attend have already given donations!



The fundraiser is Saturday 24 March.  Cost: $25.00.  ALL entry proceeds are donated to the Leukaemia Foundation.   The afternoon begins at 1pm and will consist of making four paper craft projects (projects yet to be finalised).  We will break mid afternoon for some afternoon tea.  I aim to finish up at approximately 4pm, but please allow a little bit extra in case we run over time!  To support this fundraiser, Stampin' Up Australia have most generously donated products for me to use a raffle prizes and door prize.  I cannot thank them enough for this kind gesture.

Thank you to Stampin' Up for donating prizes for the day!



I hope you can come along and help me raise funds for the charity which means so much to me.  If you are unable to attend and wish to make a donation, I would be very grateful.

For event details (I will email a flier out to you) or to make a donation, please email:  designery3@hotmail.com

Many thanks and cheers,

Jodie
MPH xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!