Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 27 March 2012

The girls get busy......

Oooh what a weekend it was! So much going on in the world of handmade here on the Peninsula.  Saturday brought around my very own Leukaemia Foundation Papercrafting Fundraiser.  Needless to say, I was running around like a headless chook right up until starting time - bringing craft equipment down from my studio, setting out the worktables, preparing last minute kits for the ladies to use, forgetting things, forgetting more things and running up to the studio for them for what seemed like the umpteenth time......!



1pm came around and we started not long after this. Beginning with a somewhat nervous me, rattling off some garbled speech (always nervous at the beginning, lol) and then I settled into speaking mostly sense for the rest of the afternoon......I hope? Anyway, in my roundabout way, I guided the girls through four projects, with only a couple of hiccups along the way.... (this involved a couple of trips to backyard studio for more forgotten things). A couple of ladies were fairly new to paper crafting, others a bit more experienced and the lovely Teena helped out where needed.  At the end of the day, it was lovely to see that everyone had thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  Thanks girls!!


Mid way, we stopped for an amazing afternoon tea, very kindly served up and attended to by my Mum's cousin, Lorraine.  There was quite an array of homemade goodies on offer, so OK, the diet got put on hold.

At the end of the day, we drew the raffle tickets and everyone got to win a great prize, thanks to the kind Donations from Stampin' Up Australia.  During the day I also gave out some spot prizes and a brilliant door prize was won by lucky Joan!

So far, we have raised just over $500.00 and there may be one or two more donations to come in this week hopefully.  Then it is off to the bank for a cheque to send off to the Leukaemia Foundation.  I want to thank those ladies (and children) who gave me their time on Saturday and to those who gave donations because they were unable to attend.

We finished four projects, as pictured below.  A neutral coloured easel card with embossing detail and die cut flowers,  a pink card with an embossed die cut background with punched and stamped flower, a gift box with wheel stamped pattern and a smaller gift box which was embossed and antiqued with ink.




Have a great day!!

Cheers,

Jodie
MPH xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!