Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 March 2012

Huckleberry girls.....

Good morning.... it is going to be a cracker of a day again.  The weather this week has been brilliant...and my pile of washing is now gone, thanks to these sunny Autumn days. Cool evenings, dewy mornings and sunshine, my absolute favourite time of year by far.  To top it all off, Port Phillip bay has been calm and still, so beautiful to look at from our front deck......what a gorgeous place our Peninsula is!!!

So, down to the business at hand.  Last Sunday, I planned a quick visit to the Huckleberry Market at the Peninsula Community theatre in Mornington.  As usual, I headed out the door telling my worse half that I would "be back shortly".  As I made my escape, I am sure I heard him sniggering in the background?  Ok, so I may have stretched the truth a tiny bit.  I really had planned a quick peek around, a quick hello or two, a couple of photos and out the door fairly soon after all that.  Didn't happen.

I love going to any sort of market and if I have the chance, I will amble around them, browsing and oohing and aaahing to my heart's content.  I did have a quick browse around this time, but kept getting caught up with stallholders and before I knew it, a one minute chat had grown to a five or ten minute chat.  Multiply that by at least a half dozen........and bingo! Two and a half hours disappeared in a flash, as my "be back shortly" comment keep rearing its annoying head up in my mind.

Julie from My Sweet Florence
Is it my fault I found such lovely people to chat too?  I think not!  Put two or three girls together and of course there will be talking......especially when we all love the world of crafts and handmade.

Lisa from Rafi and Hannah
Kristy from Two Little Monkeys
Lauren from Love a Rhino
It was great to meet a new maker at this market.....Lauren from Love a Rhino, pictured above.  Lauren had a very cute stall, featuring her decor prints and artwork.

See you all soon, enjoy this gorgeous day!

Cheers,

Jodie
MPH xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!