Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Crafty girls get together.........

Good morning!
I hope everyone enjoyed a nice weekend, despite the absolutely bizarre weather!?!  From raincoats and heaters one day, to air-con and ceiling fans the next, back to freezing again today........?  I have had to light the wood fire first thing this morning, so nice to sit next to it and write my blog.

Ok, so on to some crafty news.  Last night I held a handmade card making workshop at my house, my very first one!!  Surprise surprise, I was super organised and had everything cut and ready for the girls to sit down and put their cards together.  After a couple of teeny weeny hiccups in my initial demonstration.......(thanks Teena for the tips during the night), the girls got underway and worked brilliantly!

Three girls who attended, had never made their own cards before and just LOVED it.  I had some of my usual stamping group girls come along also.......thanks to Danni for being an excellent assistant during my demonstration.  On the agenda for the night was a Christmas card, using a couple of different techniques - embossing the background with a raised spotty pattern and also used stamps for decoration.  Contrasting papers were used to give a great effect.  One not-so-Christmassy person made the card in a birthday theme and it looked just as effective.


In addition to the card, the girls were set the task of creating a couple of gift tags.  So easy to do and the tags turned out beautifully..........
Stamped on one side with a beautiful lacy pattern and the flip side with your "to, from", which in this case was a Christmas decoration, but could be left blank for handwriting on.  Of course the colours of both projects were of my own taste, I love the simple earthy look.  With so many colour options available, both projects could be changed to suit any occasion or taste.


All in all, we had a great night......with some yummy home made lemon slice from my lovely Mum, a few nibbles and lots of laughs.....(mostly directed at me!) plus the girls got to take home their gorgeous creations.

Cheers,

Jodie
MPH xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!