Powered By Blogger

Friday 10 February 2012

All you need is love.......

That day is just around the corner......yes, Valentine's Day!  Whether you celebrate it or not, it is nice to know that for some, it is a special day.  It always brings back memories of a young me........at high school, hoping for a romantic anonymous card, slipped into my locker or letterbox.  Alas, the locker Valentines card never materialised......but I do remember getting a card in my letterbox once.....many years after the nervous high school time......not from some mysterious stranger, but from my boyfriend at the time.  Very sweet!

These days, when I mention Valentines Day, my partner looks at me in horror and mumbles some unintelligible comment and then strides off, as fast as his legs will carry him.  The actual day comes and goes in my household, like any other day.  If he happens to be down on the Peninsula, I could perhaps hope for a nice dinner?  But usually he is up in the city and gets off the hook nicely!  Don't get me wrong, my "has an answer for everything" other half, can be quite romantic and even chivalrous, but only when he plans to, not because of a day on the calendar.  So I patiently wait........for his next plan, lol.

Now, if you are one of those hopeless romantics or you just want some love trinkets to display around your house......I have the handmade solution for you!!

Valentines Love Message Hearts tutorial:


From the very talented Kim Archer at Etzcetera Magazine.  She has created these very cute hearts, with embroidered messages on them.  Link for tutorial:  Valentines Love Message Hearts




Valentines Love Blocks Tutorial:

And if you have a hubby or partner who can whip you up some timber blocks ready to decorate (or you can get timber cut to size at your local supplier, such as Bunnings).  I found this groovy Valentine Love Blocks tutorial from the talented family over at Six Sisters Stuff. These blocks are so easy to make and the huge choice of beautiful scrapbooking papers to use is amazing.   I can see some made in neutral colours, looking right at home in my front lounge room!  In case you are wondering where you can get Mod Podge, I happened to spot some the other day in Spotlight, or most craft stores would stock it.
Link for tutorial:  Valentines Love Blocks


Weekend markets:
Don't forget to pop into some local markets this weekend if you have the time.......
Saturday:  Rosebud Primary School market
Sunday:  Mornington Racecourse market

Have a brilliant weekend.....and don't forget your umbrella, some rain has been forecast!

Cheers,

Jodie
MPH xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!