Powered By Blogger

Friday 17 February 2012

New local market......to be or not to be???

I would love some feedback and comments today.......either via Facebook or reply on the blog or email.  Several ladies I know who have handmade businesses, ask me about starting a new "Makers" market here on the Peninsula.

What I would love to know from you all is, do we need another market down here??  We have quite a few...yes.....but do we have a 100% locally made market?  I think not.  Most of the local markets attract makers from far and wide......plus many from the Peninsula too.  I keep thinking how wonderful it would be to have purely Peninsula products, all in one place, showcased to the public.  I mean really, I know when I go on holiday, I am lured like a magnet to any local markets......women love to shop!!  Even when I am home, I still love markets!

So my question is.......How viable is setting up a "only locally handmade/homegrown market??  And where would we hold it?  And how often?  Once a month is probably overkill, but what about a quarterly market, or biannual market?  This would make it a bit more select, something more of an event!

And how do we go about setting up this market?  I don't know anything about this type of thing.......it could be really complicated.......  So, if it were to go ahead, I think a team of people could be the answer.  How do we fund the setting up costs?

So many questions!!  I know I am thinking out loud here and would really love your ideas......and quite possibly your help if it looks like a go!

Get your thinking caps on......

Cheers,

Jodie
MPHxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!