Powered By Blogger

Thursday 23 February 2012

Same shop, new name.....supporting local handmade

This morning I stopped by this jazzy, revamped shopfront in Dromana.......MP Kids!!!!  I have to say, it looks fantastic.......fresh, bright, eye-catching and as always, full to the brim of exciting gifts.  When I go into Helen's shop, the amount of stock always amazes me and Helen knows every bit of it.....I mean wow, that is quite a feat.......there is a lot!!  In saying that, I love to see what is new and the shop beckons you to browse, how could you not be enticed?  Even better, we always have a great chat and a laugh!  If you are in the market for a brilliant children's gift.....you will find it here!!


Helen is a great supporter of local handmade and I love how she doesn't exploit local makers.....and is happy to stock Peninsula-made products.  Selling wholesale, for a home based business, can be a nightmare.......retailers always want a LOW price, leaving the makers scratching their heads.  Sometimes it is truly disheartening.......I mean really, we are not sweat shops turning out thousands of items at miniscule prices.  These items are exactly what they say.......HANDmade with detail, care and pride.  I am pleased to say this is not the case at MP Kids.......xx

Please pop down to Helen's shop, say hello and get ready to be amazed by the array of cute clothing, gifts, toys, homewares.......and of course, local handmade items!!!  By supporting smaller retail shops, it helps local shop owners and the unique Peninsula home based business too!

Enjoy your day, whatever you may be up to!

Cheers,

Jodie
MPHxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!