Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Meet the Maker..........Jo from "Old Flowers 4 Me"

Hello and good morning.......
Today we have a peek into the world of Jo Anderson and her business, Old Flowers 4 Me, situated at Fairy Cake Pond.  Jo and her creations are quirky, vintage, unique and full of whimsy.......lets have a look..........

Name:  Jo Anderson
Business Name:  Old Flowers 4 Me


Website:  oldflowers4me.blogspot.com

Online storefronts:  N/A

Facebook:  Fairy Cake Pond

Twitter:  N/A

Questions:

1.  So, tell us about yourself.......
I feel like I am about to giggle.......I'm Jo Anderson, I am wife, lover and friend to Mr Australia and we have four naughty divine children, Jessica Opal (26), Jordie (24), Jeremiah (18) and young Angus (14) and a boy cat named Mr Bella Donna.  I live at a place called Fairy Cake Pond....you may smile but it is true.  I love to recycle, op shop and I have a veggie garden too.  Big shopping centres do my head in.  I'm just a girl, who loves singing and skipping....... I had no idea how to use a computer until a few years ago.  Jessie Opal said to me, "Mum, I am going to set up a blog for you".  She set it up alright and then left me to it, so that was the start of Old Flowers 4 Me.

2.  Why handmade?
I have always handmade things for birthdays or Christmas, presents for my family or best friends.

3.  What influenced you to start your business?
My jewellery started with me not being able to find any......so I just started making my doll necklaces.  I love them and I get stopped most days and people ask about them.

4.  What type of products do you sell?
I don't know if I like the word "product".....I keep thinking about that.  I make things that make people smile, that make people happy.  I make fairy tales under glass-made out of unwanted things....like little old dolls and tea sets, cup cakes, birds, things of beauty, to me anyway.  I make food covers as well, very over the top like, lots of colour!



5.  What are your inspirations for making your products?
My inspirations.....it is like holding a bag of 100's and 1000's!  I have so many things and people that inspire me....old travel dolls, tea sets, child-like things, my taxidermy rabbits, velvet ribbons, old wedding dresses, butterflies, flowers.. oh yes fresh flowers, cake shops, op shops, book shops, even fruit shops!  Over the years I have met so many divine people, some artists, Mirka Mora, William White, David Bromley, Victoria Spring, Jan Fryer.  I would love to sip tea and eat cake with many more.

6.  Where do you sell your products?
Once a year, I have a stall at Christmas at the Studio and I sometimes sell things in the new shop in Blairgowrie - White Nest.  I have sold my things in Antipodes in Sorrento as well.....or by appointment here at Fairy Cake Pond.

7.  Do you have a dedicated craft area or studio in your home?
A studio at home, yes the whole house is my studio, room upon room!  The whole house is over full with inspiration, which makes it a great studio!  Fresh flowers, to the rugs on the floors, the cast iron bed painted in the colour of deep lilac, to the lead light window of a fairy.



8.  Are you self taught, or have you had a good teacher?
I have never been to art school.  My best friends and I talk about making things all the time.  Books and magazines are great for ideas.


7 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see my sweet friend Jo featured today
    Such a talented lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAArrrrrGGGGhhhhh I am so thrilled for you Jo....My heart is beating so fast right now....How exciting....Beautiful, Beautiful Lady...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a talented beautiful person. Jo's beautiful personality radiates to all that surround her. Her fairytales under glass are just divine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magical..finally nice to see some whimsical designs.Very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the kind comments......and well done to Jo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Check out my new business with handmade crafts and flowers, delivered across the Mornington Peninsula. http://www.prettystreetflowers.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!