Powered By Blogger

Monday 27 February 2012

Rainy days......

Hello!  Yay!  Rain at last......I love a good rainy day, don't you?
I can almost hear my garden sighing with joy at getting a good soaking.....with more to come this afternoon apparently?  Oh I have my fingers crossed for a good storm and downpour for sure!

So here I am at home on this rainy day.  What am I doing?  Not a lot!  I haven't moved off my bed all day, my cats have taken up a permanent sleeping vigil next to me on the bed and the Mac has become my best friend today.......a day of surfing the Net for me.  I have taken a sick day.....thanks to some dodgy pizza we ate last night.  Ugh!!  Last night after picking up my son, I treated him to dinner at the beach and we had pizza.  This is not a regular occurrence in our house, we generally make our own wood fired pizzas and I wish I had done this last night......but as we were out and about, I got takeaway.  It was a good idea at the time and it was lovely sitting down the beach watching the huge stormfront move across the bay.  Not so nice later on I might add, when my stomach was doing acrobatics!  Today the dodgy pizza has manifested itself into a very annoying headache that is is resistant to Advil and my stomach is still doing backflips and forward rolls......bring on the Vegemite toast lunch.  This is what I resort to when not feeling great......and have done ever since I was little.  Mum used to make Vegemite dry biscuits or toast when we were not well and to this day, it is my "mucky tummy" food.  (Heading to the kitchen to prepare some as soon as this post is finished)


Apart from contemplating Vegemite toast snacks, I am busy looking up crocheting tutorials, as I have been wanting to learn for AGES!!  I picked up some crochet hooks at an op-shop last week and I have some knitting cotton floating around somewhere.....now I have to get started!!  The trouble is, I don't have the energy to pick up the hook and try to nut it all out!!  So today, I am content to watch a gazillion crochet videos, in the hope that some of it sinks in.

It always amazes me how (along with what I originally searched for in Google) I quickly get swept off to what seems like hundreds of craft inspired blogs and websites.  I mean really, what chance have I got??  It is like an addiction, I simply HAVE to look at them!  And don't get me started on Pinterest.......a whole week could be lost on there alone!  Now, where was I?  Oh yes, crochet!

What are you doing on your rainy day??

See you soon,

Jodie
MPH xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!