Powered By Blogger

Thursday 2 February 2012

Handmade last night.......

I had a few ladies over last night for a class, learning some more about the Bigshot machine.  What is this you may ask?  It is a die cutting and embossing machine, that is the back bone of my stash of paper crafting equipment.  I love this thing!!  It is nicknamed my "Biggie" and it churns out some gorgeous paper effects and shapes.


So, what can you make with it??  The list is endless......obviously you can emboss patterns into paper and it also cuts out shapes using die cuts (templates that cut shapes).  Boxes, envelopes, shapes, letters, numbers, it has die cuts for many different uses available.  And gorgeous embossing effects too.  The materials to use with the die cuts are amazing......over 50 different types.  Metal, fabric, paper, cork, felt, card.....so many!!!

What did we make last night?  I showed the ladies some different uses for the assorted Bigshot dies and embossing folders.......something other than card making and scrapbooking applications.  OK, we did make one card, but slightly different than a regular greeting card.



First of all, we used the Bigshot to emboss some flower shapes I had pre cut, using metal flashing.  You can see them in the picture below.  I then drilled holes in the flowers, ready for the girls to attach the string too, to make a wall mobile.



The girls had emailed me a favourite saying, which I then printed out, omitting some words.  We then used the Bigshot to cut out letters in patterned paper and adhered them onto the poster, in the spaces left blank.  See sample below:

 

And for the last project, we made a gift voucher card........so much nicer than those daggy ones from Coles Myer or such.  This is a greeting card and card holder all in one.......




The ladies all had a good time.....and I am loving the new craft class space I have and feeling rather spoilt to have it.

Cheers,

Jodie
MPH xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, great to hear from you!